Thursday, February 08, 2007

2007. And we are off.

2007. Going well so far.
Things are in the pipelines. Funny time isn't it, when things are in the pipelines, but little is firmly ensonced?

Let's see - Looks like I've got a day a week teaching voice in a school. Starting in the next couple of weeks, most probably. I've got to attend a mandatory reporting course and get insurance, and a police check before I can start. The really convenient thing about this is working school hours -which means I get to work and also spend time with my school aged children. (This is a bit of problem with the work I do with adults, adult choirs happen at night, when my children aren't at school.)

Adult choir number three started last week, and two people turned up. Sounds a bit tragic, but this week, I am expecting six people. I like a choir that grows organically, with word of mouth, and there's no hurry. Choir number two took a year to grow to 12 committed singers.

Today, someone who used to be in choir number two, asked if I would be interested in starting choir number four. She's the sort of person who gets things out of the pipelines and into the real world, so this is likely to happen.

And today I recorded, with publishing people. All very embryonic. But good and exciting possibilities for my goal of recording my music, with the bonus of having someone else deal with all the business and promotion. (Suspect they aren't going to be interested in my more serious music, it's not what you'd call "commercial" - but that's OK! Suspect that a choral work for eg, with different time signatures for the different voices has limited appeal. just a hunch! They are interested in recording all of the more accessible songs we've written. Em's better at writing catchy songs than me.) Quite astonishing to me that money can be made from writing music. Really! I hope this works out and that Em (hubby/baritone/mantastic) and I get to create some great recordings of what we've done so far. Interesting studio - converted basement. The space is set up very nicely - we ended up leaving the recording completely dry. Not anything. Not even compression. That's unusual for me because I've got a big dynamic range.

And Marco leaves for Melbourne. Following my brother Gus who left for Melbourne. Marco felt like a brother, and my brother felt like a brother. I have another brother, Ben who already lives in Melbourne. that's two blood brothers and one brother like friend, all now in Melbourne. Well what's with that? Pros: tidy and easy to remember. Cons: distant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pocket said...

Sounds like a real audiophile recording! So busy too, hope its working out :)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home